Senior Salmon: Grain-Free food for elderly dogs
An everyday, grain-free, natural food for elderly dogs with 70% Salmon and Sweet Potato.
'Senior Salmon' has been created for elderly dogs with a focus on providing them with key nutrients such as omega 3, which aids joint mobility and congnitive function, to help dogs lead healthy, happy, active lives, even as the get older.
Did you know that when other dog foods say they are 'Salmon and Sweet Potato' they contain as little as 4% of each ingredient. When we say our food is 'Salmon and Sweet Potato' it is. These ingredients make up 70% of the food, with the additional 30% being made up of healthy vegetables and natural, active ingredients.... with no junk, cereals or fillers.
Pooch & Mutt ‘Senior Salmon' also contains NUTRA-BIONIC which is a unique supplement which contains ingredients that provide digestive help, aid the skin and coat, reduce stool odour and support urinal tract health.
A single-animal protein source, complete food for elderly dogs with:
- 45% salmon; An easy-to-digest protein source packed full of omega 3, to aid joint and brain function
- Glucosamine and chondroitin; probably the best-known nutraceutical combination for joint health
- Green lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus); which has well-researched joint-protecting qualities
- Rosehip (Rosa canina); the variety of rosehip shown in recent research to be an effective mobility aid
- Linseed; a source of omega 3 EFAs to promote joint and brain function
- Alfalfa; used in traditional cultures for joint health
- Yucca; both aids joint mobility and stool odour
Only Pooch & Mutt foods contain NUTRA-BIONIC.
NUTRA-BIONIC is a unique supplement that includes:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin to aid joint health
- Probiotics and prebiotics to aid digestive health
- Omega 3&6, zinc and biotin to aid skin and coat
- Yucca which can help reduce stool odour
- Cranberry to aid urinary tract health
- A full vitamin & mineral package and antioxidants.
Why feed grain free:
Many dogs struggle to digest foods that are high in grains (including corn and wheat). Intolerance to grain can manifest in many ways, such as digestive discomfort, itchy skin and sub-optimal health.
Salmon (45%; including; 25% freshly prepared Salmon, 16% Dried Salmon, 3% Salmon Oil, 1% Salmon Gravy), Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Pea Protein, Beet Pulp, Linseed (3.16%), Alfafa (1.58%), Minerals, Vitamins, Brewers Yeast, Mannanoligosaccharides (Prebiotic Mos) (0.19%), Fructooligosaccharides (Prebiotic Fos) (0.19%), Glucosamine (1,000 MG/KG), Rosehips (0.04%), Green Lipped Mussel (0.04%), Yucca Schidigera Extract (0.04%), Cranberry (0.04%), Chondroitin Sulphate (290 MG/KG).
Nutritional additives per kg:
Vitamins: Vitamin A (As Alpha Tocopherol Acetate) 180 MG, Biotin 145 MCG; Trace Elements: Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 58 MG, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 133.5 MG, Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 105MG, Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 160 MG, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 1.6 MG, Sodium Selenite 0.6 MG; Technological additives: Enterococcus Faecium Cernelle 68 (SF68; NCIMB 10415) 1,000,000,000 CFU as an aid in the establishment, maintenance and restoration of a balanced gut flora in dogs. Analytical consituents: Protein 26%, Crude Oils and Fats 15%, Crude Fibres 3.5%, Inorganic Matter 8%, Omega 6 1.18%, Omega 3 4.13%.
The quantities below are meant as a rough guide. The correct amount of food will depend on your dog’s level of activity, breed, age and if they are overweight or underweight.
- Small dogs (1-10kg) 20-120 g/day
- Medium dogs (11-25kg) 120-240 g/day
- Large dogs (26-45kg) 240-375 g/day
- Giant dogs (45kg+) 375 g/day